Second graders were given an exciting opportunity to become "Surgeons for the Day". A team from Medtronic, a medical techonology company that designs and manufactures medical devices that are used in a variety of surgical procedures, came to help get students excited about careers in science and engineering. Our own parents from KES, Mrs. Racenet and Mrs. Giacconi were apart of this team. Students had the opportunity to be apart of 5 stations:
1. Mechanical Stapling (stomachs, foam, SULUS)
2. Hernia (tacking, mesh, lap trainer)
3. Wound Closure (suture, skin stapling, glue)
4. Ligation (clip appliers ,open/lap)
5. A& I (ports, instruments) and Surgical Trainers (2 trainers with peg games)
This was a fun and exciting experience that we were very thankful to have!
Welcome To Room 32!
This blog will be used to help keep you informed of those things that we are working on in class. To receive notification when this blog is updated, subscribe to the RSS Feed.